With the matching information sent by the Friends for Dinner team, students and hosts will arrange a specific date and time for their dinner and enjoy a time together. Many students and local families have participated to this friendship program in the past, visit our Facebook page to read about their experiences.
Ready to take this experience? Here’s how it works.
If you are an international student interested in being a guest:
- Register here by filling out the online registration form. You may register alone or with up to two of your friends. Make sure to select the city you are located in.
- We will match you with a suitable host family based on various factors including allergy issues, special diets and location. Your host family will contact you to arrange a date and time for the dinner.
- Your host family will arrange to pick you up either from your residence, your school or a specific public transit place..
- Enjoy the time with your host family!
If you are a local family interested in hosting:
- Register here by filling out the online registration form. Explain a bit about your family setup and preferred time to host, etc.
- For safety issues, you will be asked to provide a reference of someone who can vouch for you as a reliable person/family to host a dinner with students.
- Next, we will match you with up to three students based on various factors including allergy issues, special diets and location.. We will provide you with their contact information. Please contact your students within a week and arrange a date and time for the dinner.
- It will be your responsibility to arrange transportation for them. You can pick them up from their residence, their school or a specific public transit location. Make sure to give clear directions as students may be unfamiliar with public transit.
- We’ll send you some materials by email, which may help you understand more about your guests’ cultures.
- Enjoy the time with the international students!